<MP> Monday 11, September 2006

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:51:17 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Subject: Monday, 11 September 2006

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

I ' M    I N    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"Prepare your minds for action; discipline yourselves; set all your hope on
the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed.  Like
obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires that you formerly had
in ignorance. Instead, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in
all your conduct."  ~1 Peter 1:13-15

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

God can manifest himself in our lives as strength to overcome evil and power
to resist temptation.  The grace of God is that power which enables a human
being to change from a useless, hopeless individual to a useful normal
person.  God can also manifest himself as love--love for other people,
compassion for their problems, and a real willingness to help them.  The
grace of God also manifests itself as peace of mind and serenity of
character.  We can have plenty of power, love and serenity in our lives if
we are willing to ask God for these things each day.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may see God's grace in the strength I receive, the love I
know, and the peace I have.  I pray that I may be grateful for the things I
have received through the grace of God.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

..=:  A    D A I L Y    B L E S S I N G  :=.