<MP>

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:05:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Cajetan (1480-1557)
Like most of us, Cajetan seemed headed for an "ordinary" life-first as a
lawyer, then as a priest engaged in the work of the Roman Curia. His life
took a characteristic turn when he joined the Oratory of Divine Love in
Rome, a group devoted to piety and charity, shortly after his ordination at
36. When he was 42 he founded a hospital for incurables at Venice. At
Vicenza, he joined a "disreputable" religious community that consisted only
of men of the lowest stations of life-and was roundly censured by his
friends, who thought his action was a reflection on his family. He sought
out the sick and poor of the town and served them.   For more, follow the
link below:

You must keep his statutes and commandments which I enjoin on you today,
that you and your children after you may prosper,
and that you may have long life on the land which the LORD, your God, is
giving you forever. ~Deuteronomy 4:32-40

Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny
himself, take up his cross, and follow me. ~Matthew 16:24-28

Our problems begin and worsen when we focus on ourselves and not on God and
others. There is security and prosperity for us when we keep the Lord's
statutes and commands. Serenity and fullness come our way when we do a Jesus
asks, deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him.

I pray that my focus may be God and others.  I pray that I may take up my
cross and follow in Jesus' footsteps.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bettye and Bernard ask prayers for a special intention. Rose asks prayers
for her father who will be having a follow-up CAT scan for colon cancer.
Jill asks prayers for her unborn baby, that baby will make it through a
healthy full-term pregnancy. A member requests prayers that a frivolous
lawsuit will be dropped before it heads to court and that the plaintiff in
this matter will be exposed for her lies. Michelle requests prayers for
herself and her husband who are struggling to sell their condo in order to
save for a family and new life

A member asks prayers for her family members who are suffering from health
issues. She also asks prayers for an acquaintance to stop disrupting others
marriages and remain faithful to her own spouse & family. JP asks prayers
for his son whose foot was mangled in a lawn mower accident and for safe
travel for his son's daughter and brother as they travel to visit him.