<MO>Sunday, 20 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:14:27 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Apollinaris (1st century)
According to tradition, St. Peter sent Apollinaris to Ravenna, Italy, as its
first bishop. His preaching of the Good News was so successful that the
pagans there beat him and drove him from the city. He returned, however, and
was exiled a second time. After preaching in the area surrounding Ravenna,
he entered the city again. After being cruelly tortured, he was put on a
ship heading to Greece. Pagans there caused him to be expelled to Italy,
where he went to Ravenna for a fourth time. He died from wounds received
during a savage beating at Classis, a suburb of Ravenna. A beautiful
basilica honoring him was built there in the sixth century.   For more,
follow the link below:

There is no god besides you who have the care of all, that you need show you
have not unjustly condemned. For your might is the source of justice; your
mastery over all things makes you lenient to all.  ~Wisdom 12:13, 16-19

Brothers and sisters: The Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness; for we do
not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes with
inexpressible groanings.   ~Romans 8:26-27

He spoke to them another parable. "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that
a woman took and mixed with three measures of wheat flour until the whole
batch was leavened."  ~Matthew 13:24-43

How fortunate we are that our God is merciful and forgiving.  Justice is
shown in gentleness, not in judgment. The Spirit comes to the aid of our
weakness and brings us the help we need.  And we fight back the weeds,
nurture a faith that is sometimes as small as a mustard seed and become the
yeast that grows in love, justice and peace all around us.

I pray that I may be a person of mercy and justice, not of judgment and
condemnation.  I pray that I may receive the consolation of the Holy Spirit
in my weakness.  I pray that my faith may grow and that I may be the leaven
of justice and peace for those around me.