Fw: <MP>Wednesday, 18 April 2007

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:39:16 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

-------Original Message-------

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 04/13/07 09:19:32
Subject: Wednesday, 18 April 2007

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

P R I E S T    R E T R E A T

I'll be on Retreat with the priests of our Diocese until late on Thursday,
19 April.  Keep us in your prayers!

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.

And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever
welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me."  ~Mark 9:37

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I can strive for a friendliness and helpfulness that can affect all who come
near me.  I can try to see something to love in them.  I can welcome them,
bestow little courtesies and understandings on them, and help them if they
ask for help.  I need not send anybody away without a word of cheer, a
feeling that I really care about them.  God may have put the impulse in some
despairing one's mind to come to me.  I need not fail God by repulsing that
person.  They may not want to communicate with me unless they are sure of a
warm welcome.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may warmly welcome all who come to me for help.  I pray that I
may make them feel that I really care.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site