Fw: <MP>Sunday, 09 September 2007

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:14:30 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

-------Original Message-------

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 09/05/07 21:49:35
Subject: Sunday, 09 September 2007

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

I N    B O S T O N

Father Pat will be in Boston for medical tests from September 7th-11th.
Morning Prayer will not contain prayer intentions during that time, since it
has already been prepared.  Our Pastoral Minister Margie will Morning Prayer
during that time.

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore
we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake
in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the
mountains tremble with its tumult.  There is a river whose streams make glad
the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst
of the city; it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning
dawns."  ~Psalm 46:1-5

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

In God's strength we can conquer life.  Our conquering power is the grace of
God.  There can be no complete failure with God.  When we want to make the
best of life, then we can live as near as possible to God, the master and
giver of all life.  Our reward for depending on God's strength can be sure.
Sometimes the reward can be renewed power to face life, sometimes wrong
thinking overcome, sometimes people brought to a new way of living. Whatever
success comes will not be our own doing, but largely the working out of the
grace of God.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may try to rely more fully on the grace of God.  I pray that I
may live a victorious life.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.