Fw: <MP>Monday, 10 September 2007

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 07:54:37 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

-------Original Message-------

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 09/05/07 21:49:30
Subject: Monday, 10 September 2007

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

O F F    T O    B O S T O N

Father Pat will be in Boston for medical tests from September 7th-11th.
Morning Prayer will not contain prayer intentions during that time, since it
has already been prepared.  Our Pastoral Minister Margie will Morning Prayer
during that time.

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"No slave can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and
love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot
serve God and wealth."  ~Luke 16:13

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

Sometimes we'd like the full and complete satisfaction that we can find in
serving God and all the satisfactions of the world as well. It is not easy
to serve both God and the world.  It is difficult to claim the rewards of
both.  If we work for God, we can still have great rewards in the world.  We
can also be prepared to sometimes stand apart from the world.  If we turn to
the world for all the rewards which life has to offer we can be
disappointed.  If we try sincerely to serve God, we can have other and
greater rewards than the world has to offer.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may not expect too much from the world.  I pray that I may be
content with the rewards that come from serving God.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.