Friday, January 18

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:12:10 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 12:18:08
Subject: Friday, 18 January 2008

.=: M O R N I N G P R A Y E R :=.

I ' M A T G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January. Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well. I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City. Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence. You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail. I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

.=: M O R N I N G P R A Y E R :=.
From Father Pat Umberger

.=: S A I N T O F T H E D A Y :=.

St. Charles of Sezze (1613-1670)
Charles thought that God was calling him to be a missionary in India, but he
never got there. God had something better for this 17th-century successor to
Brother Juniper. For more, click the link below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S F O R T H E D A Y :=

For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord. ~Psalm 89.

Many gathered together so that there was no longer room for them, not even
around the door, and he preached the word to them. They came bringing to him
a paralytic carried by four men. Unable to get near Jesus because of the
crowd, they opened up the roof above him. After they had broken through,
they let down the mat on which the paralytic was lying. ~Matthew 2:1-12

.=: M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y :=.

When those around us are in need, it is our job to do what we can to help.
We can be impressed by the friends of the paralyzed man, who lowered him
through the roof and let him down in front of Jesus. They brought their
friend to Jesus, and he walked away healed!

.=: P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y :=.

I pray that I can be a good friend and family member by being there to help
those who need me. I pray that I may always remember that they can receive
help the very best if I bring them to Jesus.

.=: W E P R A Y :=.

home. We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage