Friday, 23 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:32:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Felix of Cantalice (1515-1587)
Felix was the first Franciscan Capuchin ever canonized. In fact, when he was
born, the Capuchins did not yet exist as a distinct group within the
Franciscans. Born of humble, God-fearing parents in the Rieti Valley, Felix
worked as a farmhand and a shepherd until he was 28. He developed the habit
of praying while he worked. For more, click the link below:

But above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear, either by heaven or by
earth or with any other oath, but let your "Yes" mean "Yes" and your "No"
mean "No," that you may not incur condemnation. ~James 5:9=12

But Jesus told them, "Because of the hardness of your hearts he wrote you
this commandment. But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and
female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be
joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no
longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate."

Fidelity.  We are called to be faithful to God and faithful to one another.
We can withhold judgment, knowing that God is the one to judge.  We can let
our "Yes" mean "Yes" and our "No" mean "No." We can be faithful in all our
relationships knowing God always provides us with the grace and strength to
do so.

I pray that I may not judge others, that I may let my "Yes" mean "Yes" and
my "No" mean "No."  I pray that I may rely on the power of God to help keep
me on the straight path ... faithful to Him and those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Please pray for the healing of Father Pat's back. We pray for unity in our
country and that we may build a Culture of Life. We pray for the safety of
our troops, their safe return and their families at home.  We pray for a
deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage and willingness to
stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who have asked our
prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a good day!