Friday, 13 October 2006

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:52:11 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Subject: Friday, 13 October 2006

Minister, will be sending the posts for me and that they have been prepared
ahead of time, prayer intentions will not be included. Be assured that
you'll be remembered in our daily prayers and Masses during this Pilgrimage.

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Other seed fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and
increasing and yielding thirty and sixty and a hundred-fold."  And he said,
'Let anyone with ears to hear listen!'"  ~Mark 4:8-9

God's kingdom on earth is growing slowly, like a seed in the ground.
In the growth of God's kingdom there is always progress among the few who
are out ahead of the crowd.  We can keep striving for something better and
there does not need to be stagnation in our lives.  Eternal life, abundant
life can be ours for the seeking.  We need not misspend time over past
failures. We can count the lessons learned from failures as rungs upon the
ladder of progress.  We can press onward toward the goal.

I pray that I may be willing to grow.  I pray that I may keep stepping up on
the rungs of the ladder of life.

.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm