Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer Tuesday, 06 November

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:58:45 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 11/03/07 09:28:02
Subject: Tuesday, 06 November 2007

W E    V I S I T   J E R U S A L E M    T O D AY
Today we enjoy a city of tour of Jerusalem.  We visit Pilate's Judgment
Hall, the Chapel of Flagellation, Lithostrotos, the Arch of Ecce Homo
("Behold the Man") and the Convent of the Sisters of Zion.  Ewe prayerfully
follow the Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross) through the Old City to the
Church of the Holy Sepulchre where we pray on the top of the Rock of Calvary
and inside the Lord's tomb.  Keep us in your prayers and know you're very
much in ours as well!

I N    T H E    H O L Y    L A N D

I'm leading a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land and will return late on Thursday,
15 November.  Margie, our Pastoral Minister will be sending Morning Prayer
in my absence. No prayer intentions will be accepted at this time, since
Morning Prayer has already been prepared. Be assured that we'll remember
your intentions in our prayers, during our Daily Masses and in the many
important Churches we'll visit.  Please "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" in the
way described at the bottom of this e-mail, since I won't have regular
Internet access in the Holy Land.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Follow the link fro more:

"Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold onto what is good; love one
another with mutual affection; anticipate one another in showing honor." ~
Romans 12:5-16ab

The master ordered the servant, "Go out to the highways and hedgerows and
make people come in that my home may be filled.  For, I tell you, none of
those men who where invited will taste my dinner."  ~ Luke 14:15-24

"I might be out of town that day."  Many of us avoid getting involved by
having some ready excuses. The invitations we receive may be coming from
God. We may face the same fate as those in today's Gospel parable about
those invited to "dine in the Kingdom of God."

I pray that my love for others may be sincere.  I pray that I may be ready
to abandon my excuses and say "yes" when I'm invited to do something good
for God.