FROM MEXICO

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:03:21 -0600 (CST)

Hi Everybody,

I arrived safely in Mexico.  My eye was doing just fine this morning, with
vision improving every day.  At Mass this morning I noticed that the
vision is almost gone, so there must have been another bleed.  Lighter
bleeds have been clearing up in a week or two, so keep me in your prayers.
 It´s not painful at this time, so that´s good news.  I appreciate your
prayers, but it´s not necessary to send an e-mail.  It´s almost impossible
to sort through things the way it is.  Thanks for your understanding!

The Mayor of Mexico City set up a skating rink in the Zocalo (main city
square).  It´s HUGE!  1000 can skate at a time, all in the same direction.
 Many hold on to the railing. There have been about 80 injuries a day ...
many broken and sprained wrists from falls.  The skating is free.  It´s
amazing to see people skate on ice in 77 degree weather, but that´s
exactly what they´re doing.

I´ve been remembering you and your intentions at daily Mass and in my
visits to the many Churches of Mexico.  Besides Mass at the Cathedral this
morning I visited Santo Domingo (st. Dominic´s), a beautiful Church of the
same vintage, the 1500´s.

I see that Margie has been sending out Morning Prayer.  I thank her for
that.  I have been enjoying Mexico City very much on this 19th or 20th
visit!  I´ll be heading for Guadalupe soon and will again remember you and
your intentions in my prayers!

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

www.cmonback.com
www.stpatz.com