[moneytalks] duplicate handling

  • From: Leonard Salinas <okiespirit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:00:09 -0600

I discovered that when a duplicate amount is imported as a bank
transaction and then added to the registry, the amount isn't
deducted from the running balance. the amount was the same as a
previous check, but the check numbers were different. is there a
way to have money talks to check for more than one criteria when
looking for duplicate transactions? The problem happened because I
had failed to clear the earlier transaction. once I started over
and clear that amount with the different check number the new
transaction cleared correctly.

Leonard Salinas
--
"I suppose they are vicious rascals, but it scarcely matters
what they are. I'm after what they know." (Gibson-Sterling, The