[moneytalks] Wondering

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 02:36:29 -0700

    Hi,

Could somebody please, please, in a very non-technical, very specific, way,
explain how to get qif files?  I have never gotten it to work.  Never.  I
was about to get off the list today- realizing how pointless it was for me to
hang around if I'm not getting it to work, but then I thought... what good
does that do the beta team?  None.  If I don't get it, chances are, someone
else won't either.  Maybe not in the early phase, but eventually, we will
want people to buy this program.  If it's not understandable to the average
user, then  the average user is not gonna buy.  I am not especially
under-skilled in the tech department.  I just don't know about qif files.  I
doubt I am incredibly unusual there.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  And yes, I did
read the help files.  Didn't help me.
I just thought this message might be useful for the group overall.  If I'm
way off the mark, just let me know.  I just know that we can tweak error
messages all day long, but if we aren't really hitting the basics hard, then
the rest won't matter half so much.
Best,
Allison