[moneytalks] Re: Self-voicing is now limited to Microsoft Sam.

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:17:59 -0500

Suzy:

I knew you wouldn't like this. Unfortunately, Microsoft Sam is the only
voice guaranteed to be available for beta testing. When we ship the
product, it will include AT&T Natral Voices. Since we had to go to SAPI
5, none of the SAPI 4 voices can be used anymore. Note: if you should
install other SAPI 5 voices in the future, they will be available.

Rob Meredith

>>> TheBlindAvenger@xxxxxxx 03/25/05 03:21PM >>>
Hi.
I installed the latest Moneytalks update the other day, but did not get
chance to really work with it because my injured knee started swelling
forcing me to leave the office. Today, I decided to spend some time
getting
our bank records in order. I was horrified to learn that Microsoft's
Sam had
become my voice, when I started the program. I immediately went to the
Options menu to fix this. However, I learned to my dismay that Sam or
No
Speech were my only options. The other Microsoft voices and the IBM
voices
were gone. Can somebody please tell me what happened and how to remedy
this
situation?

Suzy