[moneytalks] Re: New Beta Available

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:53:19 -0500

Actually, when the beta expires, it will either revert to a demo of the
currently installed beta or, if you are already a registered user,
nothing will happen.  We do, however, recommend keeping up with the
latest beta if you are going to be running betas.

>>> steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:21:09 PM >>>
Hi Margaret,

All the executables will have the file name of mt_beta.exe.  When they
are
run the appropriate beta is extracted and installed.  The most current
beta
is 1.1.0.363 and it does what Rob indicated in the quoted section you
provided.  If, like me, you can't use the additional feature, then it
still
might be a good idea to download the 1.1.0.363 beta.  I believe each
beta
has a built-in time expiration.  After a certain date, not indicated,
the
beta will automatically revert back to the 1.1 last full release.  If
you
install 1.1.0.363, you should delay this date.  I suspect APH will put
out
another beta, if necessary, to make sure the betas running out there
won't
expire before the final release.  And as you know you can find the
current
version you are running under help then about.  Download the most
recent
release under help then update, or whatever it's called.

Cheers,
Steve