[moneytalks] Re: Importing CSv Files

  • From: "KERRYANN IFILL" <tsbf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:46:45 -0400

Thanks Rob,

My bank does use qif files so I'll use those instead. Trouble was that as I had Microsoft money installed, it was capturing all my qif downloads. However, money talks looks like its going to do exactly what I want for now, so I can uninstall the other programme. As I said in an earlier post, the only things money talks is missing is the ability to project budgets and do online banking. However, it does all I need and that's the important thing. I'm using it in the west indies and it has travelled nicely to my tropical climate (smile).

Kerry
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:45:36 -0500
 "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Kerry:

Our CSV support is admittedily weak, and we don't currently plan to do much with it. You should be able to use QIF files, if you're bank offers them. The problem with CSV files is that there is absolutely nothing governing their structure. While some can work with Money Talks, others are just too different to mold into a format we can use easily. Plus, it appears rare that an institution offers checking account data in CSV and
not QIF.

Rob Meredith

tsbf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/13/07 05:23AM >>>
I tried to import the csv file for my bank transactions, but the
programme
only imports 2 of the many transactions that are there.
I changed the headings according to the instructions in the manual, but
it
does not seem to work.
Has anyone else experienced similar challenges?

Kerry