[moneytalks] Re: Forwarded message: CFG Files

  • From: TheBlindAvenger@xxxxxxx
  • To: moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:11:03 EST

Hi Synthia,

I'm not Melanie, but I have JAWS sleeping while Money Talks is running,  too.
Here is how to do it.

To put JAWS to sleep while using Money Talks:

1. Open Money Talks. Note: You might want to make sure Money Talks is
speaking for itself, because once you put JAWS to sleep, there will be no
speech  to
guide you to the Self Voicing settings.
2. Press Insert+6 on the number row. This will open the Configuration
Manager, so you can create a configuration file.
3. Press Alt+s to pull down the Settings Menu.
4. press the letter a for Advanced Options. The Advanced Options dialog  will
open. The first item in the dialog is the check box for enabling Sleep  Mode.
5. Press Space to check this box and press Enter to close the dialog.
6. Press Control+S to save the setting. Then close the Configuration  Manager.

Once the Configuration file has been saved, JAWS will not be active while
Money Talks is the application with focus.

I hope this helps.
Suzy

In a message dated 2/1/2005 11:00:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
tterlau@xxxxxxx writes:

Synthia  is a list member whose messages to the list do not go through. I =
am  forwarding the following message from her at her request.

From:    <sindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:    "TERRIE TERLAU"  <tterlau@xxxxxxx>
Date:     2/1/05 9:02AM
Subject:  (moneytalks) cfg files

Melanie, you mentioned in a  previous post that you created a cfg file to =
put jaws to sleep when money  talks start. How did you go about that?
Synthia M. Greenwell=20
Program  Coordinator=20
20/200 Fellowship, Inc.

Mary T. (Terrie) Terlau,  Ph.D.
Adult Life Project Leader
Department of Educational and Technical  Research
American Printing House for the Blind
1839 Frankfort  Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206
Phone:  (502) 899-2381