[moneytalks] Beta: the documentation on restricting in the amount field

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:58:45 -0600

Hi Rob and APH MT folks

The docs say, regarding restricting in the amount field:

Incremental Matches as You Type
. . .
Moving to the amount column and typing the amount of an uncleared transaction
proves
to be an efficient means of finding those transactions that should match your
bank's
data. Use + to find deposits and just type the amount to find debits.
. . .

Suggestion: I think you should put a phrase there indicating that you can just
type the - minus sign in order to just locate all debits, regardless of their
amounts.  Otherwise, a person wouldn't necessarily know this can be done.  It
was a logical assumption when, with the older versions of the beta, the minus
sign was necessary to show debits.  And, as you know, a person can still find
debits by typing the minus sign first, followed by the amount of the debit, the
old approach.

Please don't remove the use of the minus sign to just show debits.  I think
that can be useful.  It's the perfect opposite of the plus sign, to just show
credits, and is a logical restricting option.

Thanks,
Steve

--
If you can read this, thank a teacher