[modular-debian] Re: Primer: What's Wrong With Systemd?

  • From: Marty <martyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 23:43:52 -0500

On 11/07/2014 02:49 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

I've just created "Primer: What's Wrong With Systemd?" for the person
who is wondering what all the hubbub is about.

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/systemd/primer.htm

I'd love some feedback about the *content* and *phrasing* of this page.
I'm not so concerned about its cosmetics at this time, I can address
that later.

Some good analogies, but I would trim it back a bit, with less detail, and more focus on how the analogies apply to software, and on the systemd issue itself. I would also draw the analogy more clearly about how industrial trends can have ulterior motives that harm the consumer, and tie it back to the long history of how this has worked in the software industry (preferably with examples). In short, less focus on analogies, and more on the object of the piece.