[modular-debian] Re: Linux is not about choice!

  • From: Marty <martyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:15:33 -0500

On 11/05/2014 07:51 PM, Go Linux (Redacted sender golinux@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

On Wed, 11/5/14, Marty <martyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Subject: [modular-debian] Re: Linux is not about choice!
  To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 6:34 PM

On 11/05/2014 04:21 PM, Go Linux (Redacted sender golinux@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC)
wrote:

I posted this to the debian-vote list a while ago.  I needed to get it on
record and off my chest before the vote:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/11/msg00076.html

This was the response.  Be sure to click on the link:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/11/msg00077.html

And now you know.  Linux is not about choice.  Don't know whether to laugh or
cry or break something . . .

golinux

Seems like if anyone had the right to invoke Godwin's law it was you.
Notice that somebody followed up with a nice response too.

I had never heard of Godwin's Law (I don't get out much) so just read a bit
about it.
Don't understand why you think I somehow invoked it. Nazis were the furthest thing from my mind. In fact, I was wallowing in Star Trek nostalgia (The Cloud Minders episode)!! Please 'splain . . . literalists like me can sometimes be a little dense . . .

It was a compliment. You didn't take the bait. If I ever got trolled like that, I confess, Nazi's would not be the furthest thing from my mind.