[modular-debian] Re: Getting started with qemu and *gobo linux*

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 00:57:23 -1000

Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:36:41 -1000
> Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > > Were you able to successfully Compile vim, xfce, and lxde? All three
> > > errored out for me.

The version number of the recipe for xfce indicates that
it's current, but it's possible there is trouble with one
of the dependencies.

Of course there is friction, that recipes need to be
fixed. Running Debian we were smug that we hardly needed
to compile anything.

One other interesting property of the gobo layout is that upgrading
c libraries is simple because multiple library versions can
be installed simultaneously.

Cheers,

Joel

--