[modular-debian] Re: Finally

  • From: Marty <martyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 07:25:35 -0500

On 11/26/2014 02:09 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:08:29 -0500
Marty <martyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2014/10/msg00146.html

This is excellent news for those who still trust the Debian Community.
As far as I know, the only benefit Linux offers that BSD doesn't is
that Linux-only thing with which you can detect when a file in a
directory has been written (I forget the name now, but it's really
cool). And Docker, of course.

inotify, as used by lsync? BSD has kqueue, but I don't know how it
compares. Now I am determined to try it (ran out of time last weekend.)

It closes a 30 year circle for me, but after looking at Go I want to
move back to future with plan9. So many OSs so little time. :O