[modular-debian] Re: Educating the masses: "It works"

  • From: Steve Litt <slitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:01:51 -0500

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 03:55:25 +1100
Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/12/2014 3:05 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > We're all running into people saying "systemd works, what's your
> > problem?" I think we need to educate such people.
>
> There are no arguments, no-one there is listening....  hopefully, in
> time, they will get a clue -- until then, we are just the whiners and
> whingers.

Don't give up, Andrew. It doesn't have to be that way. We can keep
making our point in an intelligent way. Sure, the True Believers will
keep calling us whingers, but those on the sidelines watching the
debate will start to see our side of the story, and will join us.

Think of it this way: The truly obtuse are our greatest character foil.

Don't give up.

SteveT