[modeleng] Re: white colt myford replica lathe

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:04:43 -0500

At 02:44 PM 5/9/06 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all i have been offered a white colt myford replica lathe anybody heard
or got any information it will be appreciated - kenny

    How very odd you should mention this today . . . just last night while
reading through MEs ca.1981, I came across an advert for Whitecolt lathes
from Whitecote Machines, Cleckheaton, Yorks.  In mid-May 1981, the basic
machine was offered at =A3875.  I can recall considering one of these
machines back then, but decided aginst it when quality reports which were
generally less than complimentary began filtering in.  One supposes that
such a machine will have by now had all its bugs and shortcomings, which
seemed to plague Asian machines, had been remedied.  I'm surprised at how
many older . . . umm . . . mature MEs I have mentioned these lathes to over
the years who never heard of them.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee