[modeleng] Re: new website

  • From: "Ken Strauss" <ken.strauss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 16:33:27 -0500

After a little Googling I found a claim that the gun was actually invented
by C.S. Dickinson but built by Winans. Perhaps US Paten 24997
(http://www.google.com/patents?id=QlhhAAAAEBAJ&dq=24997+dickinson ) is the
relevant one. It only indirectly used steam power to shoot the projectiles
using centrifugal force. See
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9C0CE1D9133FEE34BC4B5
2DFB366838A679FDE&oref=slogin for the NY Times story on this weapon.