[modeleng] Re: modeleng Digest V4 #217

  • From: Patrick Coppens-Marian Lynch <develop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:40:44 +0200

Norman,
have you ever considered making your own paint?
It is not a very complex thing to do.
For a black, heat resistant paint, you could use the following receipt:
Make an outdoor whitewash using a know receipt (if you need one:tell me)
Add black pigment in the form of black iron oxide.
Apply
If you want an oil based paint, use some boiled linseed oil,add some
manganic peroxide (about 1/10) and color with the same black iron oxide.
If you can get your hands on a mixer,like the one the Domestic
Authorities use, for mixing soups, you will get a very homogeneous product

Patrick