[modeleng] Re: hovercraft

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:00:50 +0200

<<<<<<<<<<<<
Good to hear from you Wilfried, the boat looks great!
Jeff Dayman
<<<<<<<<<<<<
I still keep a eye on you lads. Thanks for the comment on the boat. A lot of
work needs to be done but it is receiving its "skin" at the moment . An
update of the pages is to come soon.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
My Dad had one off those back in the 70's called a Flymow here. If you
needed to mow a slope you could tie a rope to the handle and stand at the
top of the slope and swing it. At least that what it said on the brochure.

Lee
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
It was indeed Flymo who sold them. We once were dealers of the make. I
remember them as being a pain to work on. Once the engine reached its revs
of it went hovering around the workshop. Hiding itself in a cloud of dust,
fumes and grass In the end I solved the problem by clamping them with the
handle to the workbench. To make things worse most were equipped with Aspera
make of engines which were far from reliable to say the least.
But if you fancy one they had electric as well and I think Makita still does
one.
Regards
Wilfried