[modeleng] Re: disused Underground photos

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 22:03:49 +0100

Al,
There are quite a lot of steam boats over here.
The Steamboat Association lists many of them, plus there are a lot that are
not listed there.

As for the canals, I once went from Brentford to Watford on a coal barge
that was returning light to...wherever.
That was in the days when almost all the traffic was commercial. (Around the
mid-late 50's.)

Although I have been on many inland waterways since then, I have never been
on the canals.
Something I plan to remedy, preferably around, what was, the industrial
areas of the midlands / north.
Alan