[modeleng] Re: disused Underground photos

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:10:16 +0100

Quite a few, from what I can gather - far more than I thought as there are
at least three boat yards just doing restoration work. I would need to
access the British Waterways Board's boat register to find out exact
numbers, which isn't really on. As you know though, I live near where two
canals meet, so get to see boat traffic on them both - including working
boats still carrying sand and gravel and even coal. Many of these were
converted to diesel power before WW2 however, but I still see the tell tale
sign of a plume of steam from time to time!

Tony.