[modeleng] Re: You can still find a bargain!

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:11:21 -0000

I would say RN more likely than MN.
Several threads are Admiralty and it would be unusual (but not unknown)  for
anyone else to use them.

I strongly suspect that this one was used in one of the E class destroyers,
which were bult in the 1930's.

As it has the numbers 311 on many items, I suspect this is a machine number
and hence, possibly they were made in considerable quantities.
I have heard that Buck & Hickman sold some after WW2.
Alan Stepney

http://www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering & steam engine information pages