[modeleng] Re: What's happening to the list?

  • From: Patrick Coppens <sb286643@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:01:44 +0200

Dear Model engineers (all of you)
Far from me telling you wath to do, I would like to put in my 2 cents,
in this "debacle" ,to do with OT..
Wathever the truth is in this matter, I feel that you are using the
words "Nazi" and "Gestapo" with an ease, that makes
 me uneasy.
As I have lost family , on both ends of the frontline, in the war , now
some 60 years ago, these words still instill fear and
feelings of revenge in both the oldtimers and their offspring.
On top of that, unjust parallels are drawn ,today, with the Nazi's and
people who,in a genuine way, expres their concern,
with presentday immigration-topics.
Beside immigration topics,there is more,much more....
The English among you are very lucky to live in a country,where it is
still not bad form to be English.
Try living in a country, that calls you a fascist if you dare to call
upon the collective history of your own people
Try living in an (occupied) country ,that will not allow you to speak
up,if you do not agree with the theft of the collective welth,in favor
of an arrogant minority, even if you ask simple and logical questions.
Imagine not being allowed to speak your own language or doctors
pretending not to understand you in the hospital in spite of your
language being the one spoken by the majority of the people...
All this happens only a boatride away from the "Cliffs of Dover". We are
called fascist and Nazi every day for wanting only that wath you take
for granted .

So please, before you use the term Nazi/Gestapo think again