[modeleng] Re: Value of models

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:07:28 +0100 (CET)

Alan,
While on the subject of Models and their value, i see from time to time auc=
tions of models both old and new seem to raise an awfull lot, Are you able =
to hand on models and things made like clocks without having to pay inherit=
ance duty.
I have seen clocks that have raised vast sums which i think are not charged=
 tax after probate death duties.
As for insurance as we all know the cost to insure is ever escolating each =
year but when we make a claim most of the time they refuse to pay full valu=
e, i havn't come across a new for old value!
I am starting to build my steam launch and while going through the possibil=
ity of buying second hand hull, why do river boats seem to dictate a much h=
igher price compared with sea going craft?
What projects are the other list members working on in their workshops and =
are any of the british members going to show anything up at Harrogate this =
year.

Speak to you all again soon.
Look forward hearing your replies

Regards John Burridge