[modeleng] Re: Topsy - to charge and how to charge, that is the question!

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:45:04 +0100 (BST)

I think you are both basically agreeing, but have different names for what
you call the two ends of the diode.

There is no such thing as a diode terminal that should be connected to +ve
or -ve, unless the diode is intended for something specific. A diode has
an annode and a cathode.

The end which the current comes out (the "pointy end" or cathode) should
be connected to the battery, so that current can only flow from alternator
to battery.

That is surely what you have both said, and I would agree with that.

Yours,

Rich.