[modeleng] Re: Throw away society

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:32:29 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'll confess to being an avid viewer of the BBC comedy "Last of the
Summer Wine" and I have observed that the little village in which the action
takes place must have been at one time a thriving textile "mill town", but the
old mill building now stands idle and empty.

We just got the news today that one of our local industries is pulling out--a
boat manufacturing plant and about 150 people will loose their jobs.  Sad!!
Where do the promisers of recovery live, or are they some place other than
planet Earth?.

Al Messer