[modeleng] Re: Superheater trouble

  • From: "AndyA" <AndyA@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:20:05 -0000

Hi keith
Which bend are you trying to make, the  tight one into the wet header or are
you trying to make the spear point? Stainless steel tube is what you want
for super heaters and the spear point should be TIG welded. You can silver
the tube into the wet header.
Save your effort though and buy one from Paul Gammon Technical Services. I
believe Blackgates and Polly may be agents.
There are a lot of arugments about wether they actually do anything.  If you
want my opinion then on a loco that is worked  hard passenger hauling then
they are worth having giving drier exhaust and much freer running.

Andy