[modeleng] Re: Soluable oil

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:27:01 -0000

Hi Phill
My shop gets pretty cold in winter too, and I've had the problems you describe.
 Turn on the pump and what comes out mostly water, the oil having turned to a
sludge at the bottom of the tank.  Stirring it up with a stick works to some
extent, but I eventually finish up ditching the stuff, which is a problem
because you can't pour it down the drains.

Have you tried different mixture strengths?  I normally use only 5%, perhaps a
higher concentration might be better.  Anyone else got any better ideas?

Regards
Ron

In chilly Oxford UK