[modeleng] Re: Solder Qestion

  • From: Bede McCormack <bede@xxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:23:34 -0400

Okay, I've cleaned the debris out of the leak and it looks pretty
dismal- about a .8mm gap approx. 1/2" long.  How about if I make up a
1/2" long copper shim like thing to plug the gap and comsol it in?  Too
big a gap?  Maybe use a series of bronze screws and then comsol? I'm in
new territory here, any further advice much appreciated.
Cheers,
Bede