[modeleng] Re: Shows.

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:15:41 +0100

I did see the gas turbine loco, but not in action.
Although I can appreciate the skills and effort that goes into turbines, I
am afraid that they leave me cold.
I much prefer to watch lots of levers swinging about in time with the
exhaust!

There were lots of superb models there, and I had the pleasure of meeting
Ken Jones, and a couple of other people, including having a long chat with
Barry Jordan.

A pity we couldn't arrange to meet, but no doubt there will be other
opportunities.

As for meetings, Ken Jones sent me an email with his picture and suggesting
a time and place for us to meet at Bristol.
Unfortunately I didn't check my emails before I left, and hence didn't see
his message.
However, by coincidence, at the time he suggested, I was at the place he
suggested, and hence we met.
The odds against that happening must be quite high.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.