[modeleng] Re: Shed Roofing in U K ????

  • From: "Len Smith" <parnobal2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 01:29:18 +0100

Way back when I was an uncouth National Serviceman, and we had to stand guard
duty every month or so, we amused ourselves through the night by reading the
guardroom log. The daytime provo sergeant was an intellectually chellanged
bruiser from Glasgow, whose spelling left a lot to be desired. Prisoners
belongings were written down as "kome", "muni" etc. Part of his duty was to
record vehicle movements through the main gate. One example stuck in my mind
ever since....after crossing out several attempts to book in a lorry load of
corrugated iron sheets, he eventually wrote it as "rigly tin".
Len Smith