[modeleng] Re: Shaft pulley retaining

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:48:09 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012, Clifton wrote:

> Hi Chris & Rich
>
> I know that Loctite will accept some oil contamination but I thought it best
> to give the proper instructions.

Agreed - my point is just that sometimes I've known people to leave an
area greasy to prevent glues sticking in that area - ie leave the bearing
covered in oil to prevent any glue getting in there and causing mischief,
and my point is that won't work with loctite, it will even glue the oiled
up bearing pretty much solid.

It's good stuff!

Good point about breaking the cast iron wheels - I was thinking of when I
shifted a steel to steel joint, so no breakage issues there.

Yours,

Rich.