[modeleng] Re: Screwcutting

  • From: Patrick Coppens <develop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:25:47 +0100

Shep wrote:
> Enjoy it, Eric - a whole new world ahead!
>
> Cheers!   Hubert

Another little tip, on screw cutting.
It is my experience, that the smaller the lathe, the unhappier it is,
when the tool is NOT at the correct height (the center line)
So make yourself a simple gauge, to set the tool correctly,and that is
another possible problem solved.
As to why the smaller lathes would be grumbling more when screw cutting,
with a tool of the center line, I have no answer,
I just know it does, and it happened frequently enough in my green days,
to make me realize, that it should be set correct.
Patrick