[modeleng] Re: Rotary tables

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:17:13 -0000

Hi Peter

Looks like you will have to take the table apart and investigate, it sounds
as if the bearings are mounted 0.002" off centre.  I had a different kind of
problem with my Vertex table, in that the backlash wasn't constant all the
way round, enough to cause a spacing error when drilling a ring of holes.  I
found this was due to the worm gear being mounted slightly off centre, but
now that this is corrected, the table is fine.  If I remember correctly, I
had to make a special pin spanner to undo the bottom nut that takes up the
play in the thrust race, and holds the thing together.

Regards
Ron