[modeleng] O/T Re: Re: Loco identity - Plan 9 from Outer Space

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:46:57 +0100 (BST)

Yes, I think a film buff friend of mine showed me a bit of that years
ago, and eluded to parts of it's history.

Was that the film by Ed Wood? Reputed that it should have been called
Planet 9 From Outer Space, but Ed had got funding from a local Church, and
they were none too happy about the suggestion of the existence of extra
terrestrials. Hence a major script rewrite.

Other issues as I recall, lead actor Bella Lugosi (spelling?) died part
way through the filming and was replaced by someone a clear foot shorter
and looked nothing like him.

Tombstones were made of foam and kept falling over.

The flying saucers really were just hub caps on string!

Did you see the more recept film made about the life of Ed himself?

Yours,

Rich.