[modeleng] Re: My personal definition of "hopeful"t in original condition cos missing bracing bars adn swtichgear

  • From: Chris Crosskey <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:00:17 +0000

IN it's defence the #1 is a little thug.... the central column with the knee
and motor off weighs north of 3/4 of a ton... it might be quite small but
that's a 3HP motor on there.... I'm trying to work out if I can get a sliding
dogged planetary reduction gear to fit between my new motor and the mill,
something to give me 4:1 reduction would give me both speed range sets.... I
suppose I could just set the invert to run slower but I'd like a mechanical
solution really....