[modeleng] My personal definition of "hopeful"t in original condition cos missing bracing bars adn swtichgear

  • From: Chris Crosskey <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 22:48:34 +0000

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221016989554

That's the basic version of the #1 Simplimill...a WW2 era production horizontal
mill... not in original condition as missing the bracing bars (cos of the lever
feeds being a tad brutal) as well as te speed changegears (which are internally
splined).... that's the original 3HP 3-phase motor fitted BTW.... I've got the
next model up which had handwheels and power feeds as well as an optional
vertical head.... he appears to have misplaced the decimal point... I paid 50
quid for mine...... If anyone's close it might be fun to look at it and ask him
to demonstrate the 19rpm bottom speed he claims... that's the changegear needed
for low speed (and high speed, the three sets produce six speeds between them)
... bottom speed on that one is 224.... so it's the alloy processor, the low
speed model was 50-500 and generally spent its life cutting gears....