[modeleng] More on screwcutting

  • From: "Shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Modeleng" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:11:29 -0000

Hi everyone
I have had several requests for pictures of the device I made for my ex-Emco
lathe, to facilitate the withdrawal of the tool, when reversing to the
beginning of the thread.   I have sent these pictures directly by email.
This system is a lot quicker and easier to make, than the more elegant series
of retracting devices.

An even more basis device, which I have not made, but which should
work,certainly on the finer threads, is to hinge the cradle of the cutting
tool, and swing this upwards to clear the thread on reversing.

Cheers!   Hubert