[modeleng] Re: Kettle

  • From: "John Pagett" <john_pagett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:08:38 -0000

You're welcome Jesse.

They are stainless balls. I suspect it's the quality of our water here -
pouring boiling water onto the pump is ebough for the body to expand and the
ball loses its grip on the seat.

Another source of stainless springs is the schraeder valves in car tyres -
best to get them from a tyre fitter's cast offs, rather than the cars parked
nearby!

JohnP