[modeleng] Is this a record?

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:39:16 +0100

HI All,
As it's a bit quite at the moment, a bid for a record.

Somewhere about 15 years ago I won a small Transistor Radio in a competition.
It was the type where it has one battery for the Radio Section and another
watch type battery for a small digital clock.

The upshot is that after initial use the radio got relegated and then never
used and the 9 volt radio battery removed to stop corrosion.

The other day when looking for something else in the workshop, the radio
surfaced. To my amazement the clock was still going. The digital figures are
getting a bit feint but the time was still correct.

So the watch battery must have been going for at least 15 years.

Is this a record or can somebody beat it?

Regards

Clif