[modeleng] Re: Identifying collet chucks

  • From: David Everett <deverett2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:27:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tony

Sounds like Myford collets.  There will be a groove around the wide end and
that snaps into a
closing ring that screws onto the Myford spindle nose and draws the collet into
the taper of the
spindle.

The tube is used to compress the collet to make it easy to insert it into the
closing ring.  The
mushroom ended bit pushes the collet out of the tube once it has been inserted
into the closing
ring.

Dave
Saudi-Arabia-On-Sea