[modeleng] Re: Identifying collet chucks

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:06:46 +0100

Hi Tony

They sound like ordinary Myford collets to me.  For some reason they are
like gold dust, new ones are around 25 pounds each and you won't pick up
secondhand ones for under 15 pounds unless you are very lucky.  Myford never
seem to have any on their stand.  A complete set of Myford collets in the
original box, secondhand will set you back around 300 pounds, if you can
find one - they sometimes come up on eBay.

Regards
Ron